Serves 6 to 8
- Sichuan Vegetables (Chinese Pickled Vegetables), 2 pieces
- Pork Ribs, 800 grams
- Tomatoes, 3 pieces (sliced)
- Ginger, 1 thumb (sliced)
- Whole Button mushroom, 12 pieces
- Water, 2 litres
- Silken Tofu, 1 packet (cut into cubes)
- Wash and soak the Sichuan vegetables in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Slice and set aside.
- Blanch the pork ribs with hot boiling water twice, till the meat turns white.
- Place all ingredients and 2L of water (exclude silken tofu cubes) into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and bring contents to a rapid boil on medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add silken tofu cubes.
- When boiling, cover the inner pot’s lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot.
- Let it sit aside for at least 6 hours, before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-6000. Ingredients quantity can be adjusted for different capacity of Shuttle Chef®.
- The vacuum insulation technology of the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® will not overcook the ingredients and the meat will be very tender when served.
- You may blanch the pork ribs by placing them into a bowl or pot, pour hot boiling water until it covers the ribs for 1 minute and drain water.
- If you are preparing the soup the night before, re-boil the contents in the morning for at least 10 minutes on medium heat and transfer it back into the outer pot. The soup will be served hot during lunch or can be kept warm, for up to 8 hours.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.