- Bean Curd (Tau Kwa), 1 piece (cut into small cubes)
- Hot boiling water
- Mala Chilli, 2 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil, 1/2 teaspoon
- Light Soy Sauce, 1/4 teaspoon
- Chinese Celery (chopped), to taste
- Sesame Seeds, to garnish
- Preheat a Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water full till inner rim, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 10 minutes. Discard water.
- Rinse beancurd cubes with hot boiling water and set it aside.
- Add ingredients in this sequence into the food jar: 100ml hot boiling water, bean curd cubes and 100ml hot boiling water. Close the lid tightly immediately.
- Give the Food Jar a good shake and set it aside for 20 minutes. Drain water.
- Add Mala chilli, sesame oil, light soya sauce and Chinese celery into the Food Jar with bean curd cubes. Cover lid and give the Food Jar a good shake.
- Before serving, garnish with sesame seeds.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.5L Thermos® Food Jar JBM-500 / JBM-501.
- This dish can be served hot or cold. Cool the beancurd cubes by dishing it out in a bowl, and place the bowl into a basin of iced water.