- Steel Cut Oats, 3 tablespoons
- Rolled Oats, 1 tablespoon
- Hot boiling water, about 1.2 litres
The night before,
- Rinse and soak steel cut oats with hot boiling water for 10 minutes. Discard water.
- Preheat Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water, close lid tightly and let it sit aside for 10 minutes. Discard water.
- Place ingredients into the Food Jar in this sequence: 250ml hot water, steel cut oats, rolled oats, 200ml hot water, and close the lid immediately.
- Give the Food Jar a good shake and set it aside till the next morning (or at least 3 hours).
Before serving breakfast,
- Dish out the oats porridge, add in any sweetener of your choice and garnish with nuts and dried fruits.
- This recipe was based on using Thermos® JBM-500 Food Jar.
- Ratio of the steel cut oats and rolled oats can be adjusted based on your taste preference. Steel cut oats makes the oats porridge chewy while rolled oats makes it creamy.
- If you prefer chewy texture, you may opt not to soak the steel cut oats too.
- Depending on the types of oats, the time required to set aside differs. For example, Baby Oats - 30 mins; Rolled Oats - 1.5 to 2 hours; Steel Cut Oats - 4 hours; Oats for Rice - 4 hours.