Serve up to 12
- Whole Chicken, 1
- Salt, 1.5 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil, 4 tablespoons
- Cardomon Pods, 25
- Cinnamon Sticks, 2
- Star Anise, 8
- Cloves, 10
- Coriander Seeds*, 65 grams
- White Peppercorns*, 15 grams
- Candlenuts*, 10
- Ginger*, 50 grams
- Galangal*, 50 grams
- Red Onions*, 1.5
- Lemongrass, 4
- Hot water, 3.5 litres
- Yellow Noodles
- Bean Sprouts
- Salt, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- Fresh Coriander, garnish before serving
- Fried Shallot, garnish before serving
*In a pan, dry toast coriander seed and white pepper corn over medium high heat, for 5 minutes. Blend coriander seeds, white pepper corns, candlenut, ginger, galangal, red onions in a food processor till the mixture is well combined into a paste.
**Rinse chicken and pat dry with kitchen towel. Mix 1.5 teaspoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder. Rub chicken with the salt turmeric mixture and set it aside.
- Heat cooking oil over medium heat in a Shuttle Chef® inner pot.
- Add Cardomon Pods, Cinnamon Sticks, Star Anise and Cloves and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add blended paste*, garlic and mix well. Add bruised lemongrass.
- Add 3.5L hot water. Stir and bring it to boil.
- Add marinated chicken** and boil over high heat for 10 minutes.
- When boiling, cover the lid and transfer inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 4 hours.
- Before serving, cook yellow noodles and bean sprouts with boiling water.
- Pour in the cooked ayam chicken and garnish with fresh coriander and fried shallots.
- This recipe is based on a 6.0L KOB-6000I Shuttle Chef® inner pot in a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-6000 of 6.0L capacity.
- You may adjust the ingredients quantities accordingly for other Shuttle Chef® capacities.
Watch the recipe in action!